Tuesday 12 June 2012

Me and My 2012... So far.

Well... First blog post... this could be messy.

This is me...
Well I'm Ash Crennell (some people just call me Crennell)... 18 going on 19 years old (which I don't want to become because its the year where you feel like nothing happens apparently) and I'm studying at the Uni of Winchester which I love! Just finished my first year where I met some very amazing people and learned all kinds of shit about Drama (The subject I study).

I'm somewhat of a nerd, I like my superhero films (Marvel films are the best! Avengers Assemble was a prime example!) Definitely like my games (Xbox, Wii and 3DS... Don't like PlayStation really, not many good games on their systems) and also my gadgets (Blu Ray, iPod etc). I love Halo on Xbox because I like the whole idea of the universe it's set in and it taught me that religions are crazy (The Covenant and their "great journey" Google it if you don't know it) and of course Mario, which is a character I have grown up with all my life (from the N64 days).

Me and Lauren <3
It's been an interesting year so far, especially with living away from home and meeting awesome new people, like Rikki, Lauren, Jaz and Emily, who are my housemates for the second year, Nem, Dez and Ellen who were neighbors when we lived in West Downs (which by the way is an awesome place to live and if you've applied for Winchester uni then apply to live there! even though I will be majorly jealous...), Grace who also lived in West Downs and at most pre drink sessions would make an appearance and be hilarious and many other awesome people like my course mates... Well... Apart from John... Because he can be very creepy at times.
Dez, Nem, Me and Ellen (Left to Right) <3

Then there's the third and forth years that have just left, like Paul who taught me how to improve my singing voice by being the leader of the singing group Let's Glee (which is also awesome so if you can sing then come along in September!) and also a very talented guy. Also Abby who is amazing and also very hilarious when she is hammered and talented too and then there's Jordan, who is an awesome actor and singer (aka talented).

Even though there have been upsides to this year with uni, finding a job at the garden center which was RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO WEST DOWNS! and also finding a house for next year which was fucking challenging. There have been so many downsides with this year too.

For example last year, my uncle and godfather was diagnosed with a GBM type 4 brain tumour, which ultimately made him terminally ill... He passed away nearly two weeks ago... Thankfully it was peaceful and he was with his wife, my mum (who was his sister) and his friends, the sun was shining and there was a gentle breeze... Perfect I think (Shit... but perfect) because after all he went through, with all the seizures (he had one which lasted for 6 hours a couple of days before he died) and not being able to move, he finally rested in peace and therefore, not suffering anymore.

His name was Gary Michael Jones... and he was only 47 years old and would have been 48 this month (1964-2012).

But... there has been one person who has been very very VERY supportive throughout the entire thing to me... and that is my fiance Daniel Bell (oh by the way I'm gay if you didn't know...) He came down last week to comfort me and my family before the funeral which was last Friday and has been incredible all the way through and if he reads this, this is my way of saying thank you so much for being there for me and I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't there <3. I've been with him for 2 years and 2 months now and I love him with all my heart.
That's Dan on the right (Taken in 2010)

That pretty much sums up who I am and what's been going on so far... I'll update this every so often so until next time...


Crennell x






No comments:

Post a Comment