Tuesday 13 November 2012

Year 2: Semester 1 (So far)

It's been a while since I last was on here... SO hey again :D

2012 has been a year of mixed emotions, not going to lie it has been the worst year of my life so far. I have had my emotions all over the place at the start of the year, which eventually almost drove me into madness (even though I'm mad anyway) , had the whole year away from Dan until we went on holiday to Spain and my birthday (Which were by far the highlights of this year without a doubt) and also losing a man who had such a influence on my life back in may before he even turned 48 :/. When I turned 18 last year he couldn't drink due to his tumour and it made me sad because when he could drink, BY GOD he could drink! But unfortunately he passed away on the 29th May 2012, he was my uncle and godfather.

RIP Gary Jones (1964-2012)
But even though these aspects have brought me down I am back at uni for my second year! and this semester has been... interesting and fun at the same time. Even though I have been depressed since coming back due to events that happened nearly 6 months ago now (Can't believe it's been that long to be honest) and also having money issues (like every student has) and also being away from Dan when he's going through a hard time with university in Wolverhampton (130 miles away from me) have made me slack a little bit. I just feel less motivated even though this year it definitely counts towards my degree!

However I've had some awesome nights out at the Student Union! Such as Rave Flirt! various BOPS and also our Halloween house party! (Where I was dressed as Sweeney Todd!)  But by far the best night out of semester 1 so far has to be Zombie Prom Flirt! The make up that everyone had was amazing and the way the SU was transformed with a red carpet, silver and black drapes over the dance floor and also the background on the stage was amazing!

My version of Sweeney Todd for Halloween!
Rave Flirt! was the first time Dan came to the SU with us! It was an epic night! They even had an inflatable smiley face ( :) ) over the dance floor towards the back! Also the UV paint we bought was awesome! Dan's face painting skills were amazing! (Just look at my face in the picture below! That's what he did!) and when the UV light was on my face it glowed... And my hair was blonde at the time so that glowed too!

Me and Dan at Rave Flirt!


The lectures this year are without a doubt, much better than last year! This year has been more practical based than theory which is what I wanted from a drama course (more like what you would expect). The best module is by far Popular Performance! We have learnt how to be clowns, tramps, burlesque like (not in the way that you would think with sexy dancing or some shit like that) and also a little bit of stand up (as you ca tell it's a comedy module). And it has also been  made better by amazing lecturers Stephen Hall and Richard Cuming! :)

This weekend just gone (9th-11th November) has been awesome! Spent the weekend in Telford with Dan. We went to Birmingham to the Bullring for the day where we just wondered round the shops and then we stumbled across something amazing... A promotional area where you could try out the latest games console, the Nintendo Wii U. I know there isn't nowhere near as much hype for this console as the Wii had, but I must say this... After having a couple of hours playing on it and telling little kids to go away because me and Dan were having a go on it, it is AMAZING! The concept works unbelievably well! Especially with the game NintendoLand (where there's 12 different mini games which demonstrate the Wii U game pad) and ZombiU (A first person shooter with zombies in it!) Even though the price tag is £300 for the premium pack, I would definitely have one!
The Wii U console and the new Gamepad

Also, on the 11th, Dan surprised me by taking me to watch Skyfall (You know... that new Bond film), and I'm agreeing with most of the reviews about it. It's incredible! The best Bond film ever! The opening was incredible! Daniel Craig as a much more vulnerable James Bond was awesome, but the best character had to be Javier Bardem's Silva (the bad guy) he reminded me a tiny bit of The Joker from The Dark Knight. He was constantly happy but when he got serious... DAMN he got seriously bad! Skyfall is definitely a must see for this autumn/winter!


Anywho that is my 2012 so far... Hopefully soon I will have the latest and best looking Xbox game which came out last tuesday... Halo 4! Seriously cannot wait to play it! And also, I had a call back audition for Sweeney Todd the musical... Got an email just now and I'm so glad that I'm in the show as part of the ensemble! :D I'm really excited for this!

I don't know when my next blog post will be... But this is by far the biggest one I've done (I think you could tell).

In the mean time, I'll speak to you lot soon :)





Crennell x





No comments:

Post a Comment